Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS Schedule Based Skill Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlamb

Technical User
Jul 12, 2023
US
Morning All,
I have a need to create a script to automatically Add/Remove skills from agents based on time frames.

Example
8am add skill 123 to agent 123456
10am remove skill 456 from agent 56789

Please let me know if this is possible and how to achieve this

You could use Timetables in CMS to do this but I believe Timetables are only administered via terminal emulator/telnet.
The help section in CMS is pretty useful, do some reading on it and try scheduling a single change to get a feel for how it works.

If you want the agent's skill changed in real-time, you need CMS.
Some tools such as clint or others (clintSVR) are required if you want to do it by a script or program.

A timetable will easily do this. It just records the exact CMS change and then lets you define when the system should repeatedly implement it at a specific time on certain days/week/month/etc..

Usually when I see a request like this from a customer though, I try to figure out more about what they are trying to accomplish. Moving an agent based on TOD is trying to find a static time based solution to a traffic problem when a more dynamic solution based on ewt, calls-in-queue, oldest-call, etc.... would likely be a wiser choice. The system has many capabilities to allow calls to be answered, prioritized, etc... which would work better than a static agent change based on time. There is usually a better way to skin that cat. Like a new "high priority queue" that both sets of agents are assigned to 24x7 but calls only get routed there based on certain criteria being met like "oldest call > 1000 seconds".

-CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back