Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS RT Sockets - Re-IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

t2true

IS-IT--Management
May 25, 2004
US
I need help changing the IP addresses in the CMS RT sockets that point to some call center wallboards. They cannot be changed from the CMS menu.

I have viewed the /etc/hosts file. In it, I see the CMS server’s IP address, some printer IP addresses, and the wallboard server’s IP address.

How do I change the IP address (not the hostname) of the three RT sockets that I have?

Thanks
Ted

depends on what RT socket we're talking about. Inside of /export/home/cms there is likely some *.conf file (might be in sub directory). Which you will edit and then restart the sockets.

I figured it out:

The configuration for the RT Sockets is in the rta.conf file on the CMS server. Its location on the server (for my application) is /export/host/pserv/rt_socket/rta.conf. However, this is NOT where the IP address is stored. the rta.conf file only uses hostnames. If you want to view the rta.conf file, cd to the appropriate directory and use the cat command:
cat rta.conf​

(You'll need to su to root first.)

Hostnames are stored in the - wait for it - the hosts file. For my application, it is /etc/hosts. This file is edited with the vi editor.
I am currently running CMS r16 (soon to be upgraded to r19). R16 runs on an old Solaris machine - UNIX. The vi editor is slightly different in UNIX than Linux.
10.10.10.1 wallboards​

Once the IP address has been changed (and saved) in the hosts file, it automatically modifies the output destination of the hostname in the rta.conf file.

If you need more clarification on that, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back