Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cms restoring custom reports from tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

xfiles9

Technical User
Feb 18, 2003
EU
can you help.Accidentally deleted a user id from cms with custom reports attached to that id.How can i retrieve this data without restoring from backup tape or can i find the specific files on the tape and copy these back to the cms.Have tried the cpio command on a cmsadm tape but cannot find these files (cr_h_25).The H_custom directory is on the tape.Any suggestions would be grateful.

Hi

Can't promise this works bit it's worth a try!
Create new custom report with access to all users.
Save report as blank in Screen Saver and note the new cr_h_xx number ( think you know where it's stored ).
Copy required report from tape to directory.
Copy old cr_h_yy to newly created cr_h_xx

Worth a try, only other way means directly accessing permissions in Informix table, I'd need to do a bit more digging to help more, but can do if this fails.

Regards
Paul

If your tape DOES contain the h_custom directory and if it DOES NOT contain the cr_h_25 file, then the cr_h_25 file is NOT on your tape.

List the contents of the /cms/db/gem/h_custom directory on your tape: are there ANY cr_h_?? files there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back