Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS R14 - Centrevu Supervisor Login Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

troubleman1

Technical User
Dec 15, 2004
US
I have two users that received new computers and they downloaded CMS R14.0 from Avaya support website. After they downloaded software and rebooted PC I entered the correct IP address, software release and port number 23. When they try to connect to the CMS server I am getting the following error message "the connection to the CMS server has timed out. Login cannot be completed." I had them login on another PC using CMS Centrevu Supervisor R14 and they can login fine. I also pinged the IP address from these PC's and they are responding. I know we have plenty of licenses so that should not be the problem. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

When you added the server to CVS did you select the correct release to match the release of the CMS?

Kevin

If I understand your comment correctly. I have the server version set at CMS R14 in CentreVu Supervisor software so this should match the server release.

CentreVu Supervisor creates a cache file that can become corrupt. If you delete the folder the application will recreate it the next time that it is launched;

C:\Program Files\Avaya\CentreVu Supervisor R14\Cache

Kevin

Can you manually telnet to the CMS ?
Have you been using the telnet port before..?
By default Avaya shuts down the telnet port and use 22 (SSH)..
Odd enough in a lot of cases you need to log on the first time with telnet, and then it will accept ssh the next time...
See what message you get when you log on with a terminal session...

I had the same issue.

I set Server Version as R14, Network and port 23.

It defaults to SSH when first installed

wow this one actualy has a PSN..

Product Support Notice © 2006 Avaya Inc. All Rights Reserved.
PSN#
PSN001059u
Original publication date: 14-Dec-2006. This is Issue #1, published 14-Dec-2006.

Name of problem
SSH enabled clients cannot connect to CMS
Products affected
Call Management System (CMS) R13
Call Management System (CMS) Supervisor R12, R13
Problem description
Starting with CMS load R13.1da.f there is an issue connecting to CMS using CMS Supervisor. The user will get an error message stating that the "connection to host was refused." This happens when attempting to connect to CMS using a SSH connection when the user’s password needs to be created or changed.
For example, if the user’s password has expired and they are required to enter a new password during their next session, the login attempt will fail if Supervisor is configured to use an SSH connection. This problem will also occur if the user’s account has just been created and the password needs to be set for the first time.
Resolution
The development team is working to correct this problem.
Workaround or alternative remediation
The user must connect to CMS without using SSH when the password needs to be created or changed. SSH can be used in other situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back