Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS R12 - G3R-R11 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

telcomwork

Technical User
Mar 2, 2002
US
Where can I determine when maintenance backups are performed?

I currently do normal and full, but I'm assuming maintenance occurs sometime over the night. I just took over this CMS server and traditionally I have had Avaya set daily maintenance backups at midnight.

Thanks,
Jeff

Also can I run a full backup during mid day without affecting agents, login, reports....

Hi,

you should be able to list them with Centre Vu Supervisor
>> Maintenance >> [Reports Tab] if they are already running.
Otherwise you will have to create Timetables under the Terminal Emulator (term 615c) - F4 button.
Ctrl+Z to clear the screen. List all to make sure they are not existent but not scheduled.

Good Luck.

As for your second question, normally this gives no problem. But if you have 40 licences running 6 reports each with a 3s refresh during your backup, your server may be a bit overloaded.

Under Maintenance Reports I have "ACD Admin Log Report" adn "Error Log Report".

Doesn't appear maintenance is running correct?

Maintenance is diffrent than full/inc backup right. One backups up the data collected, the other backs up the system config right?

Can you run a manual maintenance backup like a full/inc?

Sorry for so many questions.

I see Error Code 2600 - Date 11/11/04 - Time Occured 12:37AM - Times Occured 1 - ACD 1 - Info "Achiver status: daily Archiver for Wed Nov.10, 2004 Successful.

But when I go into the term emul mode I see back for full adn inc but not scheduled. I don't see a Maintenance.

Archive is not backup. Archive is ran per interval, daily, weekly and monthly.
Full/inc Backups are run when you programm them. They are set by Avaya but it's your role to schedule them through the timetable. Just make sure you don't schedule them during an archive.

I usually do the Maintenance one manually. On R6, while no agents logged in but on later releases, whenever you want. Make sure again, there is no archiving running.

There are 2 types of backup that can need to be performed on a CMs;

1. Historical backup.
This can be scheduled and already has a Time-table set in Terminal Emulation mode using the F4 option when in CMS. This just needs a start date and time set. This will backup the Historical and System Admin Data for the CMS Database.

2. CMSADM backup.
This is a full file system backup including all Unix files/directories. This should be done once every 30 days and can be accessed by logging into cms as root and typing the following command;
cmsadm
then choose option 3 Filesystem Backup.
This can be performed during working hours on a v12 system ( it used to drop the link to Definity prior to V9, so not a good idea on earlier versions as you'd loose data ). Just be aware that users will not be able to log onto cms whilst this is running however, users already logged in will be ok.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back