Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS question

Status
Not open for further replies.

learner07

MIS
May 20, 2007
US
Hello Friends;
I hope somebody can help me.I want to delete login codes that are not being used in CMS.Is there any command to find that instead of running reports on individual logins to check when they were used the last time.Please help............

Hi Learner07

I know its not what you want to hear but unfortunatly the wonly way is by running report to see who has logged in to chek if it is being used.

I had over 300 logins on 1 ACD and they only way i found was taylor the login to a person and document it in a spreadsheet and then remov then once they have left

There's no real easy way round this i have found.

Burningchrome

Tell me what you need and I'll tell you how to get along without it.

there must be some way to do it.Maybe a Unix command.

Do you have access to ODBC? or ReportsDesigner?

Cheers,
NJ

PS: Please let me know if my advice has been of any use.

Thanks Cyberjamos;
I do have access to report designing.

Well in theory create a designer report that will show you (based on the previous x days of interval data that your CMS is configured for) when agent login Id's logged in (i.e. the MAX of row_date). Since CMS only stores data when it received it, if the agent hasn't logged in, it won't be in the list.

Bear in mind that it wont cover agents not measured by CMS and I suggest you validate what you're seeing before you perform any major bulk removals! If you CMS interval data is only available for the last 30 days then login id's not used during that period simply wont appear, so you may need to perform a comparison between this report and the PBX export.

I've just built a report to do this, give me your email address and I'll send yo ua copy

Cheers,
NJ

Just to clarify (the post made sense when I typed it :)) the report will identify the LAST known logged in date for each login ID over the period specified in the input/dates field, unless they haven't logged in during the period covered in the report or the storage interval.

Cheers,
NJ

imtazazo@yahoo.com

someone gave me a unix command that did help me
Logged in as root
cd /export/home/username
ls -al
that gave me the last login with the time/date stamp.
but please email your report.

Learner: I've seen that command before, but doesn't it give you last login time for CMS supervisor logins and not Agent Logins? If you're after Supervisor Logins then my report wont help, it's for Agent Logins only.

Cheers,
NJ

I use the command:

finger `sort /etc/passwd | cut -f1 -d":"` | grep -i log | more

- Stinney

Favorite all too common vendor responses: "We've never seen this issue before." AND "No one's ever wanted to use it like that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back