Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS Maximum Agents Traced Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmtb

Programmer
Dec 11, 2002
US
Getting a strange error on a CMS 16.3 server.
Users trying to add a new Agent to the Agent Trace report are getting an error which reads Ma0?muY?nu, however if you try to add the Agent again you're advised that the Maximum number of Agents traced has been reached.

If I do disable the trace on one Agent I can then add a new Agent, however my question is how do I find out what the Maximum number of Agents we can trace on the server before we'll get this error.

Checking the List All Agents Traced report I see the figure for today is fluctuating between 100-135 but I can't find out where I can see the definitive answer to how many traces we can set. I know that the recommended limit is 50 Agents but as we're frequently above that on several servers I'm guessing this isn't the fixed limit we're hitting.

I can see the data allocation setting for storing the number of traces but not the number of Agents.

Any clues?

Thanks

On CMS 16.3 the limit is 600 active traces across all ACDs. From the main menu go to Agent Administration, select Activate Agent Trace, put an 'x' in the On field, press [RETURN] and choose List all.

Do the above for each ACD on the CMS.

Kevin

That's the one....600 being traced. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back