Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juancho2015

Technical User
Aug 3, 2015
AR
Hi.

Customer's CMS is unable to run real time reports after connection CM loss. Connection is now established. Looking at supervisor's interface I can see a red light semaphore.

Need to check what's going on and solve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

How long has the CMS been up for as in uptime ?

I had this recently where the CMS had been up for around 600 days as the customer would not allow a reboot ,it got to the stage where we had to start and stop the CMS application from CLI and the reports would then run , after the reboot of the system all was back up and happy.

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

I don't know how long this CMS has been up, but I rebooted it couple hours ago and still getting the same issue.

I got these diagnostics from CMS and CM:
CMS0_jcclob.jpg

CMS1_zbmwkh.jpg

CMS2_y1bvyu.jpg

CMS3_xbftxe.jpg

CMS4_ejrtcl.jpg

CMS-CM_cqsuhm.jpg

In the PBX

status link 45

What's the Link Status?

- Stinney

“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” - Confucius

Exactly as Stinney has stated, the last screen shot tells you that the link is down so a busy and release of the link is needed

A few things to check:

Can you ping the CMS from the C-LAN board?
Can you ping the C-LAN board from the CMS?
Does the version of CMS software match what is configured in the PBX (display system features)

As mentioned above, busy release Link 45 in the PBX.
Do a reset on the C-LAN board that is used for Link 45.
Turn Data Collection off in the CMS, wait a minute, then turn it back on.
Log into the CMS as root then do su - cmssvc . The cmssvc login has an extra entry on the menu: Services, that can help diagnose PBX/CMS Link issues.

Kevin

HI.

Link 45 is up. I had already busied it out and released.

ping is successful in both directions

Version matches (it was operational before)

Can´t reset the C-LAN yet.

I had turn data collection off and on; nothing has changed.

What command shoul I run under cmssvc login?

On the Menu, select 'Services', then 'Connection Status'. There are 4 entries on the next menu; Application, Session, Transport, & PBX Clock.

PS: If the PBX & CMS clocks differ by several hours, it may prevent the link from coming up.

Kevin

Hi.

I got this message on CM. It's weird since I double checked the IP address and it's fine:
CM2_zbnbbo.jpg

Which command should I run on CMS to get to the Menu?

In the CM do 'list node-names all' and look for CMS_airata. In the CMS server login as root and do 'cat /etc/hosts' and look for the IP address of the PBX. Nothe the name assigned to the ACD. Then do ping [node-name]. It might be 'switch1'.

Has the CMS been rebooted recently? You can tell by doing who -b.

Another place to look in the cms is the /cms/pbx/acd[x] directory. There are files there spi.err. There may be more than 1. Page through them. It may shed some light on the problem.

Are the PBX and CMS clocks close in date & time?

Kevin

CMS_Airata's node-name IP matches the CMS address.
In CMS hosts file there's an entry "switch" pointing to CM's (CLAN) IP address
We have rebooted CMS several times after its link with CM went down.

There's a 3 minutes slip between CMS and CM time.

The fact is that CMS was working just fine before and no configuration changes were performed. The only event was related to a connection loss due to IP link (VPN) failure that occurred a couple days ago.

Hi guys.

I'm starting to think that issue is being caused by weird network configuration. Can I change the default gateway fron putty session? If so, can somebody tell me the complete steps to do so?

Thanks.

I got these captures from Services on CMS Menu. Woul this help?:
CMS10_yka8ep.jpg

CMS11_vr89y5.jpg

CMS12_ceglsl.jpg

CMS13_f8r8tb.jpg

I know you have tried to busy and release "link 45" but have you actually done that specifically with the MIS link

, the other thing you need to rectify is that time slip as already pointed out.

What also id concerning is your comments relating to VPN...whats that all about ?

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

@montyzummer

Yes I did. I performed a CLAN reset as well. Later I assigned a new MIS link on Processor Ethernet obtaining the same results.

I will also try to rectify the time slip. I'm still not sure that time slip is causing this particular issue because the system was working fine before the LAN failure.

So there are quite a few docs on the avaya support site relating to your issue , what version of CMS / CM are you , also can you clarify what you mean via VPN issues ? is that just a typo or was CMS going over a VPN link, to the core CM ? if that was the case you may need to enter a manual IP route as the tunnel details could well of changed.

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

@montyzummer.
Actually I have read many, many Avaya support's documents in regards to this issue; none of them provided a working solution.

I have CMS Rls 17 and CM Rls 6.3

CMS and CM are connected through a LAN to LAN link (not VPN, sorry for that). Both CM and CMS can ping each other. Telnet to port 5001 (the one is being used) from CMS to CLAN works fine.

I have double checked the whole config and find no errors.

Do you have multiple interfaces on the CMS? If so this may be a missing route (netstat -r). Destination address mismatch is the smoking gun.

Is your CM CLAN on the same subnet as the CMS interface with the default route? If not, you may need to add the route to go out the proper interface. You also need to make the route permanent. I've seen this issue pop up a few times.

I used to drive Avaya crazy with some of the routing I would do via CLAN boards CMS<-LAN->CLAN-CM<-PRI->CM. Comes in handy when you don't have a network between sites or need to get around secure networks.

Hi.

Finally solved this isue. It was caused by network issues (somebody configured NAT in router/firewall).
Everything works fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back