Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

TykeUK

Technical User
Jul 27, 2004
GB
After a site power down at the weekend our CMS Server isn't playing ball! The ACD is not connected and there is an MIS alarm on the CM.

I have busied and released the MIS but the error type 1 still appears.

Not really clued up on CMS but I'm 100% sure nothing has changed in the configuration and on the network so I'm not sure where/how to proceed to resolve this now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sorry, version info...
CM 5.2
CMS R16

Can you please advise what the hardware platform is. Is a Sun Netra 210.

Its a Sun Sparc T5120 (i think). CMS is a bit of a mystery to me!

I thought that was just the power button? The server has power and we can connect to the CMS, but it seems that the CMS cannot talk to the CM using port 5001.

Does the CMS appear to be up. Can you see all the menu's on the Sun via the VDU connected to it.

yes it's up, and I can log on via CentreVu but the ACD icon has the red line through it.
I can ping the CM and vice versa but the trace route just times out. I can however get the the CMS from the CM server when doing a trace route

Is the CLAN that the CMS uses for the link OK.

We use processor ethernet so there are no clans. The processor ethernet seems to be working fine and we have no other issues.

If you have the root login for the CMS, carry out a trace route from the # promp to the phone system and see where it stops. I think it may be a default gateway issue.

Thanks for your help ideal but this has now been resolved in the most unlikely of fashions!

It turns out that our BP created 2 new signalling groups / trunk groups etc a couple of weeks ago for using internal extension numbers for simulring on 1XM. They used port 5001 on one of them for the listen port. As soon as this was changed the ACD connected! Not sure how this has been working for the past couple of weeks if that was the cause but all is well now.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back