Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS- I need to keep incremental data much longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

azmoose

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2009
US
My CC wanted incremental and other data available for much longer than the CMS server will allow. A developer created an Export into Excel (since I guess Informix will not export directly to SQL) and in turn, the data is then extracted from Excel into SQL.

I can't help but think there has got to be a way to make this data available for however long without this unstable process.

Anyone already resolve this or have ideas worthy of consideration?

Thank you.

azmoose,

It could be done quite easily, in fact: every CMS server comes with ODBC software that allows accessing Informix tables. You can use this ODBC interface to extract the historical data you need. Take a look at R16 documentation: You may need to look for a document for your particular CMS version, since there were changes to ODBC software between versions.

Regards,
Alex.

Regards, Alex.
My Avaya blog:

Look into the External Call History Interface (ECHI) solution from Avaya. It exports all historical data from CMS via FTP.

We use this to export data to a server and then our DBA group has created a job that appends this data daily to tables built on our Oracle Database Server.

We have almost 5 years of data in our tables right now.

- Stinney

Quoting only proves you know how to cut and paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back