Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS Help 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PappaG

Technical User
Nov 21, 2003
GB
Hi Can anyone help we changed the ip of our switch but no longer can connect to our cms box

When you say 'We can no longer connect to our CMS box.' are you referring to the PBX/CMS link or are you talking about telneting into the CMS? In the case of the link, the PBX must know the address of the CMS and the CMS must know the address of the PBX. In the CMS they are defined in the /etc/hosts file. IUnless you are comfortable with the UNIX editors (vi or ed) I would have Avaya make the change. You can display the contents of the file by typing pg /etc/hosts. Press the [return] kay at the : for the next screen.

Kevin

I went through the same thing a few months ago. I was a little gun shy when it came to the CMS. But the change was super easy. Here are the steps. My CMS was a R12.

Login as root and follow these setps:

1) “cd /etc”
2) “chmod 777 hosts” (changes file to Read/write)
3) “vi hosts”
4) change the IP address for the appropriate switch (using vi editing vi commands listed below)
5) ":" to end editing
6) "wq" to save hosts file and exit
7) "chmod 444 hosts" (changes file back to Read-only)

Basic vi editing commands
change mode: esc
insert: i
delete char: x
delete line: dd
end editing: :
end wo saving: q!
end and savie: wq

i have changed the hosts file to no avil. it is the connection from the switch to cms to store stats i am trying to configure.
When i use cmssvc i see the old address and port but cannot config from here without switching of cms which i cant do during buisness hours.....please please help

Not sure if this will help but i am guessing changing the host table does not work for me as when this box was configured the switch connection has been configured to a fixed ip where as my other switches that connect to this box is configed with a host name which it must resolve to ip via the hosts table.

PappaG,

to make your cms to switch link work you should configure it at the both sides: in the cms and in the switch.
to make changes on the cms side, you should correct /etc/hosts file to point needed host name to correct ip address -- you've done that, i suppose. next you should run cmssvc and choose 8 to perform a switch setup procedure. make sure you enter correct host name (or you can just enter ip address as well).
then you should change the link settings at the switch side. first do 'display communication-interface processor-channels' -- if you have software release older than r11 it may be some different command. note what node name is set there for the 'mis' application processor channel. next, do 'busyout mis', then 'change communication-interface processor-channels' and enter 'n' in the 'enable' field for the 'mis' processor channel. confirm your change, then enter 'change node-name ip <your_mis_node>' and enter the correct cms ip address for this node. it may require some additional interface busyouting but i don't think so. after you've done with node name, enable back the processor channel for the mis and release mis. after that you can check this channel's status with 'status processor-channels x' command, where x is the number of your processor channel for the mis.

i hope it will help you bring your cms back to service. :)

Thanks for your help guys my problem was as dwalin states in the switch configuration on the cms box my switch was configured with an ip address i had already editied the hosts file once i changed the switch config to the hostname in the /etc/hosts file everything kicked in and is now working fine.

Thanks
Again

you can also use this command on the cms to view the link status:

tail -f /cms/pbx/acdX/spi.err (where the X is the number of the ACD you want to check the link status on)

shows errors where the clocks btween the cms and pbx are out by 24hrs or the EAS is not enabled and also various types of mismatches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back