Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS GURU needed 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveave

Technical User
Jun 4, 2001
US
Does anyone know how to gain access to the 'current' data tables like cagent, csplit or ctkgrp?

Does any have a copy of the explorer.shl file for r9 CMS?

You have to purchase the ODBC connectivity kit to CMS to access the tables outside of CentreVu supervisor (i.e. through Microsoft Access). The Lucent Comcode for the five-user version is 108602483.

I have the software already. I can connect to the Informix server and can read all but the current tables. I figgured Avaya has the current data tables locked and was wondering if anybody know how to access same.

Hi Steveave
You're right, it's not possible to access the current tables using the ODBC software.This is intended to give access to the historical tables only.

Depending on what level of information you want, and what you want to do with it, there are a couple of options.

Option 1
design custom report using either screen painter or Report Designer.

Option 2
Not sure if avaya want you to use this but, there is a unix application on the server called clint. When combined with a screen painter custom report it can be used to "watch" the Realtime current info and output to screen or a file.
That file could then be sent to a web server etc every 3 seconds.

I must stress that I don't know what the impact on your Service Agreement would be. This application is used by systems such as Cisco ICM, Wallboard software etc.
Hope this gives you some options.
If you would like more info please email

Regards
Paul

Paul:

I could find no information on 'clint' and I also did not find it on the server.

A custom report can reference 'real-time' data so I am trying to figgure out why I can't reference the same tables
via odbc.

steve

Hi
The Realtime "tables" do not exists in the database that is accessed via ODBC(that means the Informix database on the hard disk of the server).
The RealTime tables exist in shared memory (RAM)and, at the end of every interval which can be either 15,30 or 60 mins,the totals are written to the Informix database.
This is when you can see the information via ODBC.
Applications can be written to interegate the Shared Memory but I have always used clint in the past.
I'm suprised it's not on your server and was wondering...
What version of CMS are you using?
What login are you using for the server?
Try logging in as root or cms and type the command
find / -name clint -print

The bad news is that you can't use ODBC to access RealTime info.
If you want to give me an idea of what you would like to do with the RealTime Information I can point you in the right direction.
If you would like to send an email to pwebbuk@cs.com I can give you a phone number.

Hope this helps
Paul

i'm really interrested with "clint". But i didn't find any documentation and i don't find how to use it in a command line.
Is it possible to get an example ?

thk a lot,
Olivier.

I'm very interested in this clint command also. My draw back is limited knowledge of Unix. I feel ripped off by Avaya and the wallboard company that our business selected because neither will give me the code to modify what was originally designed. I have a wall board software by Visual-Electronics if anyone cares to comment.

after much trial and error, here's how I use clint (I expect to see a lot of stars next to my name for posting this!!!) :)

1. Telnet to your CMS Server (using cms login)
2. At $ prompt, type: cd /cms/toolsbin
3. Type: clint

You'll now see a menu loosely based on the CMS main menu. Now I'm going to show you how to run a real time report based showing logged in agents having skill #1.

4. At the > prompt, type: do menu 0 "rep:rea:spl:skill st"
5. Type: set field 10 "1"
6. Type: set field 20 "10"
7. Type: do "Run"
8. Type: do "Exit"

In step 4, "rep" stands for "reports", "rea" stands for Real-Time", "spl" stands for "Split", and so on. You may have to look at the normal menu to determine the letters to use. Note that you must use as many letters as necessary to be "unique" for that menu item.

In step 5, field 10 is the split number (in this example split "1").

In Step 6, field 20 is the refresh interval (in this example, 10 seconds).

Now, if you are scraping this report using screen capture or something similar, you can script steps 7 and 8 to run over and over. You don't need to retype all the commands in again, just the "Run" and "Exit" command as the previous settings are still active.

You must do the "Exit" command immediately after the "Run" command. If you don't the output (every 10 seconds, or whatever you've set the Refresh rate to) will continue to post to the output buffer, but not be visible on the screen. And then the next Run command will show multiple versions of the report (one for each refresh interval).

You can type &quot;?&quot; plus <Enter> to see the available clint commands. For example, after you type the &quot;do menu ...&quot; command, you can type &quot;list&quot; to see the fields (and the field numbers) for that report.

If you have the # prompt instead of the $ prompt, you need to use a login profile based on the cms account. I'm not a deep Unix user and can't help on this one.

Obviously this is only the start. There's a lot more you can do. For instance, run a custom terminal screen report (but not Report Designer) reports. Or you can show calls waiting for a split.

But I suspect Avaya strongly frowns upon people using this utility. So be careful!

Bill

Also, you type &quot;logout&quot; to exit the clint program.

ok. Thanks a lot BHodgins

I've use this and it works fine ! :)
to do more, i had to export the output every 5 seconds. I give my way to help if necessary :

i've put the command line 4,5,6,7,8 of BHodgins's post in a text file named param.txt
and put this command in the crontab (used to execute every 5 seconds):
cat param.txt | /cms/toolsbin/clint -u cms > output.txt

then another process on another system get the file output.txt, using ftp ...

O.

MCCCXI, Could I contact you to get more information on how you did this?

Questions:
&quot;put in the crontab&quot; - where or what is this?

Is this running full time on CMS server or through a telnet session?

What process is set up to FTP automatically every 3 seconds?

type man crontab on your cms machine - it'll display the helpfile. basically it's a scheduling tool, quite powerfull actually.

it run's fulltime on your cms (as &quot;crond&quot;).

I think the script they run from crontab is using tftp (also a command line tool) to upload the file to an other machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back