Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS Enablement

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottyjohn

Technical User
Nov 5, 2001
GB
Hi all,
We have a G3r which has a Sun 3500 CMS box attached. Can anyone tell me if it is the presence of the CMS box which lets you measure to both or if there is an option somewhere on the switch to tell you whether you have CMS installed as an option? John

On the second page of your trunk groups, you have the Measured: field, which gives you the choice of internal/external/both. VDN's, the same field/choices are available on the first page. Hope this helps.

Not sure I fully understand the question, but here goes,

Assuming that the CMS options are enabled on the Definity and the connections are operational, there are settings on both the Definity and the CMS server that impact what is recorded on the CMS.

On ACD related switch features such as VDNs, Hunt Groups(Skills), Trunks etc the individual forms have the "Measured" field, with 4 options

none, No records are kept (BCMS or CMS).
internal, Records are kept in the BCMS but not in CMS.
external, records are kept in the CMS but not in the BCMS.
both, records are kept in both the BCMS and CMS.

The number of VDNs, Skills, Trunks etc that can be measured in the CMS is determined by the "Data Storage Allocation" page of the "System Setup" menu.

Cheers.

Let me explain what I am thinking of and that may help. I have a definity G3r whcih has an attached CMS Ultraspark 3500 box. This works perfectly. I have been asked about another site which is installing a second hand Definity Si. We have IP connectivity between the 2 sites and the first thing that sprang to mind was that we could measure the CMS data for the remote switch through our box. The trouble is that I dont know where to look in the definity software to see if CMS is enabled on this other switch. I cant see any options on our definity relating to CMS. Can anyone advise? John

For 1, you have to purchase multiple ACD's for the CMS and have them activated by Avaya. Depending on the release of the PBX's and CMS will determine if you can connect via IP or not. A CLAN board would be required for the PBX if so.

The CMS can support up to 4 ACD's (maybe 8 on R8/9).

Goto the "system parameter's features" screen on the remote PBX to see if you have the option for "adjunct CMS version" don't believe this is necessarily a CMS RTU, more so a call center software RTU. (i.e. call center basic, deluxe, elite). You probably have at least CC basic otherwise you probably wouldn't have a need to hook it to the CMS. -CL

Have a look in "system-parameter features" on the Definity, and on one of the pages there I would expect to see "Adjunct CMS Release :" Also check that BCMS features are enabled in "system-parameters customer-options".

Cheers.

lopez is right the CMS box needs to have an additional ACD license to be able to measure a second DEFINITY.
Might be that the CMS needs some more disk space and if there is lot of traffic some extra RAM might be needed too.

DEFINITY has no info on cms you can just tell the system to pump data out, but the CMS will need a license otherwise you can not even create a second link. Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

I almost forgot to tell you that or the 2nd ACD on CMS it is needed to buy an Agent license as well ( depending on the # of agents )
And if it is turned on in DEFINITY you also need Vectoring and EAS licenses Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Thanks for this guys, it would seem a little less staright forward than I first thought.
On another CMS related thing, when settign the measuring on VDNs I am getting the message "Number of internally measured VDNs exceeds maximum" when I am trying to set the field to both. Any ideas if this can be changed by us and where I would access that allocation? John

This is a capacity issue. Look at "disp cap", I think its under the heading "Basic Call Management System (BCMS)" you will see a used,available and system limit field. This can only be increased by Avaya, but it is also dependant on software release and type of switch i think...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back