Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS Designer Reports...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

98Converter

Technical User
Sep 17, 2001
US
Is it possible with Report Designer to create 1 report with the following:

Split/Skill Profile Daily
Split/Skill Report Daily
Split/Skill Summary Interval

And then have this run monthly to record all days? Right now we're compiling the 3 different reports and running them daily and then distributing them at months end in an Excel spreadsheet - PITA...

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

I'm not familiar RD, but it sounds like a pretty tall order. Good luck!

How about going to get the ODBC drivers and run directly off the CMS tables?

All of the information is in there and then you can just grab it and set it out how you like.

How can you tell if you have the ODBC drivers installed?

does designer hadle reports from multiple tables? (never tried it, always used odbc for anything interesting)

Split/Skill Profile Daily taps dsplit
Split/Skill Report Daily taps dagent
Split/Skill Summary Interval taps hsplit

you could pull all of this data from interval tables (hagent and hsplit)and do your grouping in excel, i guess you could join on split, rowdate and intrvl.

you will need to think about how you want the data grouped and what level of detail you require for your monthlies.

if odbc is not an option for you, i would start by editing a copy of your canned reports to display rowdate in the report data and modify the inputs to allow multiple dates.
this will still leave you with 3 reports, but you could run tham for a date range instead of a single day.

the call profile report is not really multi day friendly. if you need to see daily numbers, i would add rowdate to the existing query and insert a new table to the report and display the data you really want that way.

sound confusing? probably. but you are (as previously mentioned) looking at a tall order for the tool you have.

We don't have the ODBC drivers installed. I guess we'll go to our Business Partner and get pricing. Sounds alot easier to acoomplish what I'm looking for.

Thanks guys,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Yes,

As long as all your database tables are historical you can enter multiple tables in 1 report.

your inputs will be: skill/date/times (point in time)

You can insert the 3 tables & they will have all scroll tabs.

The only problem is, when each of your tables have a humongeous number of rows, you will not be able to print out your report.

Tiramisu

ODBC drivers are used to import or link data to applications like Crystal or MS Access. The drivers are not going to help you build your report within CentreVU.

Yeah - that's what I meant. Bringing the data into Crystal and manipulating it that way.

Thanks,
CJH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back