Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS Custom report writing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmcdan1523

Technical User
Feb 14, 2003
US
I am trying to teach myself custom report writing on the Avaya CMS. Help, we have no documentation or training material. Does anyone have any electronic training material I could look at? Maybe someone could walk through building a new custom report. Is there a better solution than building it through CentreVu Terminal? Any help would be appreciated.

Try looking for this file on the Avaya web site Comcode 108501867 book number 585-215-822 Issue 2 Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

If you cant find that/dont have it, let me know on sgadams@tiscali.co.uk and I'll see if I cant send you some information.

1. DO NOT PLAY WITH OTHER REPORTS AS TEST PROJECTS.
2. MAKE COPY FOR YOURSELF TO PLAY WITH!
3. OBEY THE ABOVE INFO!!!
4. Do you have designer as an CMS option? If you do, begin there.
5. If you do not, goto the the CMS TERMINAL and select the CUSTOM REPORT option. Select EDIT REPORTS. Enter the name of the report you want to create/edit. Select the type of report, historical/realtime. Select who can see the report. Press enter and select ADD. Once the report has been added it will put you back on the name. Press enter again and select screen painter. When in screen painter, press enter and select GET COPY ... Select the report name, type etc. and press enter. Select the option to COPY. Once the report is on the screen painter, play all you want. Press enter to select the menu and press SAVE. NOTE: The row search and field is where you will want to start. Learn all you want, but this is why we charge SOOOOOOOO much for custom reports.....

BTW: for variations on the reports pre-built reports it's ok, otherwise we prefer the ODBC drivers for the CMS which give access to all the historical databases and I can build my own reports on our company's standard reporting platform.

Goodyrman,
I have something which could help you a lot, mail me on my hotmail for details. John
ski_69@hotmail.com

Thanks to everyone on this subject.
Unfortunately we do not have the report designer on our CMS, so I will need to try and design them from terminal.
It looks the report designer option is the way to go though.
Is this a billable option on the CMS server? Or is this just a PC application?
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back