Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS CentreVu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2002
US
I'm getting an error messge on one PC alone.
The error: -2147319779 (Location: frmMain:InitLogin)

It happens when the user attempts to login. The program promptly exits afterwards.
I've already tried pulling everything out of the system regarding the CMS and reinstalling, to no effect.

Any suggestions?

Try logging the user in on another PC to prove whether it is PC software or a Login problem on CMS

Did you try installing the latest service packs of Microsoft?

I've installed all the new patches form MicroSoft to no avail.
Any other suggestions?

try running reg.bat which is located in the centrevu supervisor directory.

try using the task list to kill any cvsapp tasks, and then delete any *.tmp files in the centrevu/cache directory and restart the application

Thank you for all the replies. But, unfortunately it is still not working. Even after the cache is cleared and running the .bat files.
BTW, we logged him on on another machine. So it's not a login issue.

Anything else?
thanks!

Give the user a new/different computer!

Susan
Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer. - Mark Twain

Maybe try to remove the files call cache.tmp under centre vu supervisor folder and relaunch the software.

Dav

I've gotten this problem before. I had to uninstall CentreVu
completely (even in the system registry in Windows)and reinstall. When you go to reinstall if the software detects a previous version the error will continue.

I am having this exact same problem. I am running WinXP pro. I can log on using a different system. I have removed all registry entries and fully uninstalled. I always get the same message

The error: -2147319779 (Location: frmMain:InitLogin)

I have tried everyone elses suggestion to no avail. I noticed that this post is from sometime ago and was wondering if anyone has found a fix.

CentreVu will allow me to put in mu username and password. The dialog box appears and says connecting then connected. Then I recieve the error message.

Any suggestions?

Thank you
Mindtrap

Run uninstaller 2003 on the system w/ cms installed... If the first attempt does not work, run the cms install and then the uninstaller 2003 to clean up all of the remants.

Why don't you just ghost the machine, in other words, wipe it clean such as a full format and reload the Operating System. Once you've done this, install CMS before you install any other software.

Try deleting the cache directory completely. Make sure you are completely logged out off CMS. I have had this problem on several Win2K machines, and this seems to fix all of them.

I also had this problem and worked with an engineer for quite some time. We did the reg.bat, unistalling then re-installiung, deleting the cache file ect. Nothing worked until we loaded Microsoft service pack 3 on some win2k pc's. Works like a charm now. What service pack are you running?

You can also try logging in manually.
1.Go to connect
2. select cms servers
3. check the manual login box at the bottom of the screen and hit ok.
4. Go to connect again
5. select login
6. type in user name and hit enter
7. tye in password and hit enter
8 use cvsup as the emualtion

Let me know if this works.

We run in to this as well. I send it to our LAN guys and they fix it.

I'll ask them about it and post if I find anything out.

cw

You need to have administrator rights to load centrevu on xp machines.

Afraid I can't help here. We just delete the cache.tmp file and it works.

Good luck.

cw

Here's something I found in my notes that may help:

-2147319779 - Library not registered
This error will usually occur when a DLL file that CVS uses is not registered. This could be caused by various reasons, some being:
1. An application on the PC was removed and the user choose "Yes To All" when asked if they wanted to remove shared files;
Have the user reinstall CVS
2. Another application was running while CVS was installed, preventing a required file from being updated during the install of CVS;
Make sure that NO application is running when CVS is being installed
3. The \Windows\System directory is not part of the 'PATH' on a Win95 machine;
At a DOS Prompt, enter the command SET PATH=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM, then reinstall CVS.

As I recall, I ended up re-installing Windows to fix when it happened to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back