Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS Call Records Explained?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtelcom

Technical User
Jun 2, 2003
US
Can someone tell me how the CMS handles Call Records (in general)? It is my understanding that the file is FIFO and the 5001 record should replace record 1 etc etc (if set to Max size of 5000). I have an ODBC query running every few hours that picks up data from this table. At one point this routine worked without a problem.
The problem now is that call volume has picked up and I am receiving CMS Errors "Call Record Error" call rate exceeded capacity - xxx call records not recorded, occurring every interval while call volume is up. As call volume settles down the Errors stop and the Call Records begin logging again.

Wondering where the capacity issue is coming into play? If this is a FIFO file...why shouldn't the file keep writing to itself? I've been through Tier 3 at Avaya they cannot assist further without $$$$. They say that I may be exceeding a limit of something like 400 records per 20 minute interval.

Just need a couple of hints so that I can write a shell script or something to keep the file open and logging data. I can run my ODBC query more frequently if need be.

(This is a new system running on 11)

Thanks.

The problem here is the high volume of calls in that period which is generating the call records at equal pace.As Avaya has pointed out you must be exceeding the 400minutes/20 min limit or in other words the call_rec table in CMS which stores the call records is getting full to the capacity of 5000 records in that period.
While you are running the query on the call_rec table it is possible that the call records you are looking for is already being overwritten in the busy hour.
If you want to have the call_records to be stored and to be processed for the future use, you must go for ECH option of CMS as your internal call history table or the call_rec table is not able to provide you all the data once 5000 records limit or 400 records/20 mins limit is reached.

Share Knowledge and Gain Knowledge
Nagesh Pai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back