Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS Avaya at home HELP please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuyaGibs

Technical User
May 12, 2017
PH
I installed AVAYA CMS Supervisor R17 at my laptop.

Is it possible to connect to the same servers we're using at office?

Tried to enter the server and tried logging in but it keeps saying 'Connection to host was refused'

These steps I've done might help to deduce what's the issue.

-Tried to ping the server we're using at office, and "Ping request could not find host <server name>. Please check the name and try again.
-Configure the server as is.. same server name | connection:Network | Server Version: CMS R17 | Network Port: 23

Hoping someone could help me. Please bear with me, I'm really noob at this. But I am really willing to learn. Thank you!!!

Are you VPN'd in to work? Over the open internet, no way they'd leave that open. Over VPN, it's up to those admins to dictate what IPs and portranges those VPN users can get to - like maybe email, but maybe not the communications core that your CMS lives in.

If you can ssh to anything on your corp network, you might be able to build a convoluted set of SSH tunnels to run it thru, but if you needed to ask, I wouldn't suggest finding clever ways around your org's network restrictions!

Maybe you're the first teleworker who has a legitimate need and it's a easy ask to get done.

Kyle555 is correct, There is little chance that your network security would allow that server to be open to the internet. So you would have to be using some sort of VPN client to connect to your corp network 1st. after that it should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back