Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS Agent State for ACW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu4rtc

MIS
Feb 18, 2002
GB

I have noticed a problem regarding the ACW (After Call Work) state of agents on my CMS (version 6 connected to G3r release 7). On around 10 agents out of several hundred, the ACW state is not logged against the Skill of the call but is logged against the agents top Skill. As if the ACW button was activated after the call ended.

An agent trace shows the call going into AVAIL for 0:00 before the ACW becomes active. This 0:00 of AVAIL seems to disassociate the ACW from the skill of the call.

State Dir Skill Time
ACD IN 186 144
AVAIL 0 0
ACW 183 446

The agents have been witnessed pressing the ACW before the call ends, the ACW light flashes until the call ends and it goes into ACW although not against the skill of the call.

The problem only seems to occur to agents with more than 10 Skills, although out of two agents set up exactly the same the problem only occurs to one of them. The problem doesn't happen on every call and varies between 10% and 95% of the affected agents calls.

The agents don't have direct agent skills.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

If I remember correctly, an agent who goes into ACW not related to an ACD call, that time will be tracked under their top skill. Hope this helps.

-Casey

All the calls in question are ACD calls with the agent pressing the ACW button prior to the call ending.

The agent trace shows the state changing from ACD to AVAIL for 0 secs and then to ACW. It should go straight from ACD to AVAIL.

Thanks.

Look into the hunt group (skill) in the switch. There is a setting called "Timed ACW Interval". This setting can automatically put the agent into ACW if this is used. It's done in seconds, if it's set to 20 seconds it will put the agent into ACW for 20 seconds then back to "auto in".

The timed ACW function cannot be used as the agents do not always need to go into ACW after a call. Sometimes they need to go straight into Auto In.

Basically the ACD is on Auto-In, therefore agents press ACW during call to make them fall into ACW state when call ends.

This then makes the ACW linked to the skill (and therefore logged under the ACWTIME call based data item).

We run a report comparing call based ACW against Interval based ACW (I_ACWTIME which picks up all ACW and logs it against the top skill irrespective as to how the agent has gone into the ACW state and whether it is linked to a skill).

Some agents have higher I_ACWTIME than ACWTIME, this is ok, its normally explained by their behaviour on how they enter the ACW state.

However a few agents are getting differences despite doing everything correctly, they should generate an equal figure for the 2 types of ACW.

With an agent trace I can see exactly what is happening, but can't explain why.

The correct sequence should be;

Seq State
1 AVAIL
2 RING
1 ACDIN
1 ACW

However in some cases getting the following;
Seq State
1 AVAIL
2 RING
1 ACDIN
1 AVAIL 0:00
2 ACW

Basically they are becoming available for 0 seconds at the end of a call, and then in the same second moving to the ACW state, however the ACW state is now not connected to the skill of the original call, thus not generating any call based ACWTIME.

You can tell if this happening on your own CMS, if you use Auto In, by creating a report to compare ACWTIME and I_ACWTIME for your agents. If you then trace any agents with a large difference you might see the problem yourself.

I'm just making guesses, but could it be the "VDN Timed ACW Interval"?

The "VDN Timed ACW Interval" is not in use, as the agents may or may not be required to go into ACW after a call.

Anyone have any ideas?

Could it be that CMS is changing the agents split/skills? When you change agent skills from CMS, the agent is transparently logout and logged back in. This is a complete guess. Maybe something to think about.

Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back