Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMOS Checksum Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

tulipca

MIS
Sep 16, 2002
US
Understand that there are several threads for this subject. However, mine is a little different. Hope to get experts' advices.

I have a JetBook laptop (old one, bought in 1996). I recently replaced the cmos battery. But when the PC boots up, I got a cmos checksum error/configuration data error, press F1 to resume and F2 for Setup. The system boots to OS only after you go in and out BIOS with or without saving changes. This happens every time the PC boots or restarts. I ran disk scan and virus scan. But the problem remains. Retest battery with voltage tester, the battery is still full (3.6 V).

Does anyone know whatelse that I should do?

Will really appreciate any advices.

is a weird, not for the faint-of-heart seeker of wisdom and troot...(there's a strange popup on the 1st page I never did get to go away.)
There is a wealth of info there...among them a utility that'll identify your bios. (What is yours, by the way)

You're thinking your gonna' need to flash it, right?
If you can decipher all the stuff here, you might get there.

Cya' later, I'm off to decrypt this site...

Go in the bios and set everything to default, and set reset config to yes. You will probably need a bios update, or y2k fix for this one.

Thanks for advices from gargouille and delder. Yes, there is a lot info that needs to decipher on wimsbios.com.

Do not understand Delder's suggestion for y2k fix? Is this some sort of program that I need to buy or download?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back