Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CME Wrong Time on 7961's

Status
Not open for further replies.

0Dannyboy

Technical User
Feb 6, 2008
US
I am installing a Cisco CME, and had to change the timezone information after the phones had been registered. At first, the phones didn't change, but a reset of the router did cause all phone currently registered to change to the correct time. However, phones that were not connected at the time and then subsequently reconnected still come up with the incorrect time. I have tried resetting the system again and that did not change this. So now I have 3 phones with the incorrect time (ahead by one hour). These are 7961 phones. Any thoughts on why and how to correct?

Not sure why only the 7961's are doing that, but one thing to check is that if you are running EST on the router and lets say EDT on the CME, it off sets it by 1 hour. Make sure that the router time zone and the telephony-service time zone are the same. Same goes for the summertime reoccuring time zone.

------------------------------------
Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

Thanks. The timezones are the same. I think the trouble is, when the CME was configured, the time was incorrectly set for EDT. When it arrived at site, discovered they are CDT. Changed it. Most 7961 phones are correct now. But there are still 3 that reflect the EDT time. Can't figure out how to fix them.

Log into the website via the phones ip address and make sure they are displaying the same timezone that you have configured in the telephony-service.

also, I am sure you have, but dont forget to reset the phones.

------------------------------------
Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

Looking at the web pages for two differnt phone. One with the correct time. One with the incorrect time. Neither one seems to be showing the timezone on the webpage. Both show the time displayed on the phone.

This is really odd...

Is there any way to force the phone to clear the phone's configuration completely and force it to go out and re-register?

Got it!

Went ahead and erased the config from the set itself. It went out and re-registered and had the correct time.

Thanks for the input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back