Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CME Sandbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATI2ner

Technical User
Jan 15, 2007
US
I've been supporting CUCM 10.5 for almost 2 years, and am looking to get my CICD certification (I need it so I can be promoted). I do great with the CUCM parts of the study guide, but I've never had my hands on a CME. I also struggle with the Cisco IOS commands, as I only do voice and am not allowed to log into routers/switches. I paid for a certification prep course, but their labs didn't work right, and I feel like I wasted time and money.

Is there a CME sandbox "out there" somewhere that costs less than buying the hardware?

You could buy a 2811 or something for $50 and run CME on that. Could even buy an old 3560 and a cheap phone and still be under 150. Not sure you can find labs that are going to be cheaper.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS
CIPTV1

There are software emulation options for IOS which would work. The only free one is GNS3 ( You won't be able to emulate any voice hardware modules (T1 cards, pvdm's, etc), but you can register phones, play with CME/SRST, CUBE, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back