Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM6 external calls being cut off when reaching MM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

avayastrongman79

Technical User
Mar 29, 2008
US
We have customer using 96xx ip sets on new CM6 with SIP integration to Session Manager for MM/voicemail capability. Internal calls working properly, message waiting lights/recording works properly. When dialing from any external number, call covers normally to subscriber's voicemail box, but then you get disconnect prompt from MM after 4-5 seconds. You can call any phone with DID, and it rings normal. also, hunt grp 99 when you dial its pilot number rings directly to MM and then you get the Avaya Messaging prompt as you should.

I've run traces on external calls, and we do receive a SIP 422 error, says SIP session too small. This doesn't occur on internal traces when you can successfully leave messages. The SIP trunks are set up with TCP transport using port 5062, and peer server is set to SM.

We're also utilizing private numbering format in CM. I appreciate in advance any assistance.

The SIP session too small message should be followed by another SIP Invite with a session that MM will accept.

Are external inbound calls coming from a SIP trunk provider?

It's most likely that the 422 Session Interval too small is not the cause of the disconnect. Please review which may help explain the 422 response. When CM and MM have different intervals set CM should eeINVITE with an acceptible session interval, this should not however cause a disconnect.

Hi All, we were able to locate the source of the problem. There was what appeared to be one way RTP across the SIP trunk do to an incorrectly programmed default gateway address in the g450. We corrected that issue and it is now resolved. Thank you for your posts and information, and you were definitely correct as well, the SIP error 422 I kept seeing was not tied to the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back