Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM4.1(3) hunt list problem - rookie needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gulrich

Technical User
Sep 19, 2002
CA
You may skip reading this if you don't like what will likely be an easy question for someone. I just can't figure out what is wrong after a couple of days trying. I'm a routing CCIE, 2 weeks voice experience...

I am having trouble getting call manager to send calls to unity. I believe it is because the hunt list/pilots are not working for me. I can dial the voice mail lines directly and get into the voice mail system on unity. But if I dial the voice mail pilot, it goes to what I think is a busy signal. So I set up a hunt pilot/list/line-group to send a call to another phone rather than Unity, just as a test. This also fails with the busy signal. I can see on Unity "Call Viewer" that dialing directly into the voice mail port sets up an incoming call but that dialing the voice mail hunt pilot does not. So I think there is something missing in my config for hunt lists/pilots.

So for example, I set up a DN 6669 on a phone. I can call it directly from another phone no problem. Then I set up a line-group with 6669, use it in a hunt-list and use that in a hunt-pilot 6700. I update everything (in fact I reboot all the servers after it says there was a successful update) and dial 6700. No joy, just busy signal. Shouldn't dialing 6700 send a call on to 6669 in this case?

Please throw me a crumb or two if you have a moment, thanks.
I tried the CCM trace but didn't get anything I could understand with respect to how it was interpreting the hunt pilot and my dial plan. I have no translation, partitions, call search space etc., just using default till I get this first bit working...

One last bit, in CCM, when I list the hunt lists, they all show Status is "Not Found". I can't find a reference what this means. Is this related to the problem?

Reset the hunt list. I swear this works for me. When you build a hunt list you must manually reset it before it will register. I have had to do this for every hunt list I have created in CM 4.1(3), including Unity hunt lists. If this doesnt work, you're gonna call BS on this one but reboot the CallManager if you are in a position to do so. The resetting of the route list should do it. It isn't a problem with permissions if it shows that you are not registered so focus on getting it to show as registered with CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back