Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM2 S8300/G700 integrating to Nice Mirra 2 Call Recorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBob

Technical User
Apr 30, 2002
AU
Has anyone else has achieved this. We're trying to integrate our existing Mirra 2 Call Recorder to work with our new Avaya S8300/G700 solution.

We have 25 Callmaster V DCP 2 wire digital phones and were assured all along that this combination would work but it seems that now after a failed attempt at integrating them we're being told by our maintainer that the DCP media cards in the S8300 are incompatible.

Does anyone know if this is true (or if our maintainers attempts to get us to upgrade from the Mirra to get round the issue is something we should be worried about). I thought Avaya / Nice integrations would be really common.

Thanks in advance

JBob

I have a version 9.5 switch running very well with a nice recorder, its been working for atleast 2 years.

How does it integrate?? On the PRI side, or via the digital station side?

Hi Buckweet

The integration is on the digital station side. The reason being that we require the ability to report based on individual extensions.

JBob

We are recording the voice via pri, and getting the information via the map d board.

Well, one thing you need to find out...

How does it interface with the Definity? is there a IP connection going to the definity for the call control?

does it look at port #'s ? Because that has changed in the S8300 world..

BuckWeet

Hi Buckweet

No that the thing, there's nothing clever with IP of anything like that. All we do is double jumper on the cabling between the Callmaster and the patch panel.

There's digital cards in the Mirra which (I presume) understand DCP. This is how the calls get recorded.

For some reason it doesn't seem to work.

JBob

Hrm, that is interesting, from the way you describe it, that should work no problem..

its a 'dumb box' from the sound of it..

from a station standpoint, there is no difference between the old definity and the new one

BuckWeet

Yeah that's what I thought. Oh well if I ever find out the problem I'll be sure to post the answer here.

Thanks again guys

JBob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back