Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM2.2 to 2.2.2, License File Needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechJimF

Technical User
Dec 21, 2004
US
Do I need a license file to go from 2.2 to 2.2.2 on the Primary controller and from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 on the LSP?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

no, you'll be all right. It'll ask you if you want to reuse the license file you already have. just say yes.

Do I have to also deactivate any patches currently applied? These are the active ones:

Operating system: Linux 2.4.20-AV14 i686 i686
Built: Jun 25 09:13 2004

Contains: 02.0.111.4
Reports as: R012x.02.0.111.4
Release String: S8500-012-02.0.111.4
UPDATES:
02.0.111.4-10012 unpacked hot S8500B SAMP Installation Patch
02.0.111.4-10218 activated hot SWUD for CM2.2
02.0.111.4-12514 activated hot Daylight Savings Update

yes. you need to de-activate these patches. load the cm2.2.2 software and then load the patch for 2.2.2. Not sure what happens if you dont deactivate it but I have just done two of these and it went very smoothly

You don't need to deactivate patches because software will be installed on second partition. Just install new software and apply latest patches for CM2.2.2, use same license file and don't forget to turn on upgrade permanent!

Thanks for the replies.

New questions.

1) I was partially successful. Was able to upgrade an LSP, but forgot to make upgrade permanent. If I do it now, is service affecting?

2) The primary controller I could not go through with. First had issues with out FTP server. Installed a second FTP server and tried backing up everything from the S8500B. The first try was taking 2 HOURS when it errored out. The second try at backing it up was successful, but the translation file which is about 1.3mb took 6 HOURS to complete. When I backed up the LSP, took a couple a minutes. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim

Making an upgrade permanent is NOT service affecting. It simply tells the server that the active partition is now also the boot partition. If you are curious look at that before and after.

As far as your backup, something is wrong with that. Are you backing up to the flash? Why ftp?

It is good you did the LSP first as that is the correct order, it needs to be done before the primary.

**The question may not be the technology, but the competency of the support people.**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back