Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM/SM 6.1 To LYNC 2010 via Direct SIP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aohinds

MIS
Jul 7, 2005
US
. Calls from CM are NOT getting to LYNC, and calls from LYNC are NOT getting CM; however, both Calls are getting to Session Manager.

First call:
Avaya x6012 (using 1x softphone) calling LYNC x36331: CM logs error 488 “not acceptable here” and denial event 1204 “Bearer cap not implem.” Both of which I think are misleading.

Second Call:
Lync x36331 (using LYNC client) calling Avaya x6012: LYNC logs error “ 6012 not in sevice Please check the number and try again.

Please help me find the issue in SM logs

your title is a little misleading - direct sip indicates NO SM, but you appear to have SM.

on the cm side - a 488 indicates potentially a codec issue. make sure the codecs being advertised in the SDP are available in the ip-codec-set in CM.

it would be better to do your tracing on the SM via traceSM, as this will allow you better access to the SDP info being sent from Lync to SM.

thanks.

Thanks for your response. Yes we do have a session manager at this site, and my use of the term Direct SIP was in relation to the three "supported" integration methods with LYNC. I don't think the 488 error is indeed related to codec mismatch; we are using the same codec set to integrate with Microsoft Unified messaging. Nevertheless I don't have access to TraceSM since I don't have root access to SM. I am going to wait on my Vendor to look at it.

Thanks Again

Wireshark traffic capture would also help.

traceSM is aliased on most SM installations - which means you can run it without root privs

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Microsoft Exchange UM and Lync only share the 711 codec, while both use other codecs that they do not share (like 723 for example in UM).

traceSM is your friend. You want to see SIP messaging coming from CM into SM, and from SM towards Lync (and the other way back) and figure out why your SIP messaging is getting rejected.

So, you need dial plans setup in all 3.

On CM, you would have to have something that takes 36331 and pitches it to SM. An example would be having 36331 in uniform dial plan map to aar, and in aar have an exact match of 36331 grab a route pattern to a trunk to Session Manager.

In Session Manager, you'd have a dial pattern of 36331 go to your Lync routing policy. The Lync routing policy would use the SIP entity/entity link mapping to your Lync server.

That should be enough to get SIP messaging from CM thru SM to Lync. Then you have to worry about communication types/codecs. Basically, in your session descriptor protocol (SDP) from CM to SM, it will automagically generate SDP and what codecs it can use based on how your network regions and codec sets are set up in other parts. In any event, G711 should be the norm, and you should be able to see that in traceSM in your Invite from CM to SM. You should ultimately see SM send it to Lync, and maybe there are codecs that don't match, or your dial plans across all 3 systems aren't setup just right.

I can't speak to the Lync end of dial plans, but the traceSM for the man in the middle should confirm that you're messaging is getting where it needs to go and you can troubleshoot the details based on the rejections you're getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back