Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM resiliency query

Status
Not open for further replies.

msk69

MIS
May 29, 2020
PK
Hi, In legacy CM architecture, in ESS configuration, the role of CM/IPSI/Gateway was important. These decide when ESS site should get active and when setup goes to normal working. In todays avaya virtualized environment where IPSI is no longer used which application/entity does IPSI role? which entity decide to activate ESS and when to system should work in normal mode.

ESS/LSP is always sitting ready to take a registration from a phone, gateway, IPSI, etc.... If/when a device sends a request due to losing communication with the CORE, the ESS accepts it and goes active. The device continually checks to see if the CORE is available and reregisters back to the CORE based on availability and recovery rules. Once nothing is registered to an ESS, it becomes inactive.

-CL

I agree with Lopes except the phone part.

ESS/LSP goes into service when requested by resources - media servers or ipsis or gateways. They can't process traffic until that happens.

The failback parameters of those elements decide when to migrate back automatically - or manually - once relaible connectivity to the core has been re-established.

I'd have to go along with the phone part. Last week we had an alert that one of our ESS servers went active. Look at it and there were 2 sets that were registered. No gateways or ipsis involved and I would think if any of the 4 media servers in play had done that there wouldn't have been 6000+ sets registered to the primary and only the 2 to the ESS.

When we looked deeper we saw that the 2 sets in ESS were using software VPN to connect (work from home users). Our assumption is that their VPN connection did not come up cleanly then their AAfD sets went survivable when they didn't see the primaries. Bumped the sets and they immediately went to the primaries.

Otherwise I'm not sure how to explain that5 one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back