Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM - Outgoing ID coming up as old company name

Status
Not open for further replies.

lduran67

IS-IT--Management
Oct 28, 2002
US
Here is the issue that I really could use some help on:

Outgoing calls off of our ATT PRI's are coming up to outside callers (caller ID) as "ABC" Company. Unfortunately, we are no longer ABC company as we were purchased 1.5 years ago and the new name is not showing up.
I have checked with the carrier and they show account name is accurate and that they have left the name field blank. They also indicated that our PBX would override any name they had anyhow. What areas of the PBX would have our old name that may be lending itself to outgoing calls? (not in trunk group, already checked)..

Thanks

on the trunk group page make sure send name is a no, this could also be related to an incorrect directory listing

I did change the Trunk group to N to send name and it comes up "unknown" now for outgoing calls. The wierd part is that the name in the Trunk Group is NOT the one it was sending so it has to be getting its "ABC Company" from somewhere else.
Carrier says they have listed as "blank" so they can not be sending name.

Are there any pages in the switch, such as switch name or anything like that that could override the actual trunk name when turned on to y?

If you're in the US, the 'name' that is displayed is under the control (mostly) of the provider of your DID service (or provider of your main number be they T1/COT/whatever.) Calling Party Nubmer is 'sent', but 'name' is retrieved by the far-end telco. Some receiving telco's don't want to pay for every lookup, so they sometimes cache names, or use a 3rd party service that may be out-of-sync with the 'originating' provider.

Name 'can' be sent by the PBX in other parts of the world, or between PBX's (i.e. avay-to-avaya) if the ss7 path doesn't strip the 'additional information' information elements from the signalling messages.

I'd start with your DID provider.... goodluck!

If the trunk was sending the old company name until you changed the trunk send name field to "no", I would do a display system features and see what name is administered for the "switch name". Change that to the new company name, restroke the send name field to yes and see if it changes to what you want it to be.
Newer releases, I believe, can send the "switch name" under NI2 protocol IF the carrier allows it. I believe it can also send Tenant name too, if applickable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back