Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM - NTP server address change

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpetilli

Technical User
May 17, 2011
US
I need to update my CM NTP server addresses. I know this is done via the web interface. Does this do any sort of system reset when the change is committed? It will be done on a duplex, with the standby first.

First off, depends on what version of CM you are on. Either way there should be no reset (assuming you don't have a major time shift).

For CM8.1 the easier from the command line (if you have root level access). Just edit the /etc/ntp.conf file. on on

For CM10.1 the underlying OS changed to Red Hat 8 so it is no longer NTP but Chrony. You can edit the /etc/chrony.conf file. NOTE: Avaya did not update the was NTP is configured with Red Hat 8 so be aware there is a difference in an NTP pool and NTP server. Read up on the NTP pool with Chrony if you want to use a pool. The line should be 'server <ip> iburst'. Use 'chronyc sources' command to get a status of the individual clocks. Use 'timedatectl status' to get the status of clock sync.

That sounds necessary.

Here's a little secret. There's free public NTP servers. If you just pointed there, you'd never have this problem.

And if Avaya was smart enough to have SMGR/GRSMGR do NTP for the whole stack, you wouldn't have to think about pointing each VM to a particular NTP address.

I'm grumpy today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back