Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpetilli

Technical User
May 17, 2011
US
I'm running a duplicate CM6.0.1 w/G650's at my main site. We want migrate the CM servers to the virtual offering, and offsite into our datacenter. Because of the trunking still at the main site we want to leave the G650's.

1. Can the CM servers be separated from the G650's, be on a totally different subnet, but still control them?
2. If that answer is yes.. where in the system do specify the server/IPSI relationship?
3. Also, since the CM's would be given different IP's, is it still possible to restore a backup of all the translations from the current servers onto the new virtual? Wondering if the backup contains the IP info within the servers or just the data.

There is no way to extend the subnet as we don't do any layer 2 between buildings.

Have you considered replacing the G650' with G450's and going PE? This could be recommended as the go forward architecture.

Also, Avaya can extend Layer 2 if your organization has an interest.

Thanks,
98C

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Right now they don't want to spend any money and just want to start off with an easy win like getting rid of hw. I'm not sure what's possible in my scenario.

wpetilli -- yes you can seperate the G650 servers from your core servers. This is a very common setup. Totally different subnet/location whatever. Typically when a company has multinational locations, a G650 cabinet and an ESS will get installed. The core of the system is usually in a data center somewhere.

You will need to do a "change ipsi XX" with the port network number from the SAT interface. This will let you specify the IP addresses of the IPSI boards to connect to.

If you virtualize CM, the translations should be able to just backup/restore from your old system.

So if the call servers IP's are what's changing then I don't have to make any CM changes then, since the IPSI's are remaining with the same IP's... is that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back