Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM CDR to Power BI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2013
US
Hello all,

I am looking for a solution to integrate Communication Manager 10.x CDR data and Microsoft Power BI, without using CMS as a odbc/sql source. I would like to see what options I have out there for this integration if possible or what others have done.

I think firstly you need a tool for receiving CDR data and importing the data to the database. Then you can use Power BI to do your dashboards.

Yes, did this for a previous cust.

I used an app from from Upinget called AvayaCDR that collects the CDR from ACM as a flat file. It then archived that to a local MSSQL DB. The Power BI gateway then retrieved that data via an ODBC query and uploaded it to an Azure data lake (blob storage) that the users could report against using the Power BI client as a predefined data set.

Avaya CM >> AvayaCDR >> MSSQL >> PowerBI Gateway >> Data Ingress Server (MSSQL) >> Azure data lake

I was going to look at expanding it to use the CloudCDR app and include the session managers as ACM doesn't collect SIP transit CDR but they binned the whole thing off.

Word of caution for call loggers, many say they can export to a DB but the feature is often a paid add-on. We were quoted £1000 to buy the SQL export feature for the Proteus call logger.

Thank you all for the info, I did see the Advanced PBX data logger and something I may look into again.

I've been sending CMS CDR data (and other KPIs) to PowerBI for a while now and thought you might need assistance, but after the other posts, it seems like you want CDR from the switch.

FTP or FTP Server:
Avaya CM can be configured to send CDR data to an external server using SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) or FTP (File Transfer Protocol). You can set up an FTP or SFTP server (either on-premises or in the cloud) and configure Avaya CM to send CDR files to that server at regular intervals.

Here's a simplified overview of the process:

a. Set up an FTP or SFTP server.
b. Configure Avaya CM to export CDR data to a specific directory on the server.
c. Schedule regular exports based on your reporting needs.

The exact steps will depend on your Avaya CM version.

Configuring Avaya Communication Manager (CM) to export Call Detail Record (CDR) data involves setting up the system to send CDR records to an external server or storage location. Here are the general steps to configure Avaya CM to export CDR data:

Prepare the External Server:

Set up an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) server or an SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) server where Avaya CM will send the CDR files. You'll need the server's hostname or IP address, a valid username, and password for authentication.
Access Avaya CM Command Line Interface (CLI):

Log in to the Avaya CM Command Line Interface (CLI) using SSH or a direct console connection.
Enable CDR Export:

To enable CDR export, you'll need to use the cdr command.

change system-parameters cdr

You will then be prompted to configure CDR export options. You may need to specify the following details:

FTP or SFTP server details (hostname or IP address).
Authentication credentials (username and password).
The directory on the server where CDR files will be deposited.
The file naming convention (e.g., prefix, date format).
Export interval (how often CDR files are sent).
Save and Apply Changes:

After configuring CDR export settings, save your changes and apply them. This step may also vary depending on your Avaya CM version, but it often involves typing save and exit or similar commands.
Test the Configuration:

Verify that the CDR export is working correctly by initiating a test export. This will help ensure that CDR records are being sent to the designated server without issues.
Schedule Regular Exports (Optional):

If you want CDR data to be exported on a regular basis (e.g., daily or hourly), you can schedule automated exports using Avaya CM's scheduling capabilities. This step involves defining when and how often exports should occur.

Is @SoftwareRT a bot? Your answer is wildly generic and doesn't jive with how any of this works.

dialtonebone,

I'm real. I pulled that from an old document I had but pasted the wrong clipboard content. I meant to come back to it that hour and update it but got slammed with other projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back