Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM can't call some numbers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

twlcolorado

Vendor
May 1, 2007
US
A customer of mine is having the following issue.

They have multiple sites with G4540 gateways, a core, and ESS and LSPs. Each is in its own network region.

The core site (NR 1) and the ESS (NR 2) have multiple PRIs each.

Their long distance routing is split between the two locations because they get so many few minutes per month, with instate LD going out the NR 2 location.

They recently reported that certain instate long distance numbers weren't going through. A list trace shows that the call drops as soon as it alerts. There are no denial events.

I determined that if the call comes from any NR but 2, the call fails, but the same call goes through if it goes through NR 2. And it is only certain numbers (which may be all cell phones; haven't been able to confirm that all are cell phones, but at least eome are). So, a call to 719-123-4567 may fail, but a call to 719-765-4321 goes through. ARS routing is done on just 719.

If I change the ARS to route the call through the NR 1 PRIs, then it completes from all Network Regions.

Avaya has been no help. They say the problem is with the carrier, which I could see if the calls were failing from all the Network Regions.

Is the Caller ID from the two sites different? That could help explain why calls to number X go through from Location 1 but not from Location 2.

There was a recent post on how at least some mobile carriers are blocking "suspicious" numbers. I've had other some center customers marked as SPAM by individual carriers. Your number(s) could be on a list.

I have seen where this happens before, but when it does we always get a denial event in the traces. No denial event here; the call just drops.

And that doesn't explain why if I use NR 1 trunks the call goes through, and when someone in NR 2 makes the call it goes through.

make sure the public unknown numbering has the nr2 trunk populated for those extensions

ACSS IP Office AIPS IP Office

I could see that it might be a public unknown issue if it were all numbers in an area code, but it is only a select few.

joe2938, it turned out you were correct, although part of it doesn't make any sense.

The trunk group in NR 2 was not in most of the entries, and when I put it in the calls went through.

What I don't understand is why calls that originated in NR 2 always worked.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back