Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM and SMGR v7 Backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

trilogy8

Technical User
Jan 26, 2017
US
To backup CM and SMGR v7 I see the ftp option is no longer an option. We have established SFTP, but our server teams do not backup that destination server regularly. Due to translations changing more frequently the are asking if it's possible for the backup to be run and stored locally on the Avaya servers and them being able to create a job that can go and pull the files from it instead. Is that possible?

sure

backup by scp to 127.0.0.1 to /var/home/ftp/pub with any account that has linux permission

I believe on SMGR 7.1, users that are admin in the webpage can click the little wrench at the top right and enable cli access for their account so you're not limited to the single cli admin account you create when you deploy the VM. In which case you can make SMGR backup locally and give them an account to get to /swlibrary/backup/manual or whatever it is.

I was able to get everything working perfectly on CM, but on SMGR I'm unable to delete the backup files because they are owned by root, which I don't have the password for. I created a specific account and gave it CLI access and can get to the directory, but am unable to delete the files that were created. Assuming the root account isn't something customers are entitled to, is there something in the web interface that would clean that directory out after a few days?

I would just stand up your own linux server. Send all your backups there. Then backup that server to somewhere. Easier solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back