Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM 6 J169 SIP phone log in PWD

Status
Not open for further replies.

hebegb41

Technical User
Aug 28, 2008
US
Hello Sports fans. Hope you're all well. I have a CM 6 system with system and session mgr 7. We are using J169 SIP phones. I am trying to find a way to change the password that is used to "log in" to the phone when it first boots up or when a user changes desks. They have to add their ext # and "password" to log in. I want to change THAT password globally or system wide, not just per user/phone. I was told it was doable in USER MANGEMENT in system manager for SIP phones but cannot find where. Does anyone know where the global phone "log in" pwd is located and or changeable?

Thx in advance.

Is this the first set of SIP phones you're putting on CM or do you have some SIP stations already?

You are looking for the Communication Profile password.
Go to the user management page, edit the user and you should see it on the second tab. I can't recall the name of it but it's the one where you see the CM and Session Manager configurations for the user.

Kyle555 and Dialtonebone, Thx for the response. I am looking to change the GLOBAL pwd that ALL J169 users would use to log in with, Not just one phone at a time. I do know that user management will change it for each unique user but was wanting to change it for everyone at one time. Like what you do in SMI for a log in account. Right now my customer uses a 5 digit pwd that everyone knows. I want to change that for everyone globally.

You can Export all users in System Manager, update all the passwords, then Import all the users again.

In the Import Workbook, the column is "Communication Password" that is used for the phone login.

@ZeroZeroOne

That would get the phones to logout within about a half hour at the next periodic refresh of registration.

If I were going to do that, and all the phones were at a SIP FW that supports "GET $MACADDR.txt", I'd create a MACADDR.txt per phone with the extension and new password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back