Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM 6.3 NICE DMCC integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanAvaya

Technical User
Jul 27, 2015
AR
Hi everybody
We recently changed the recording method from single-step conference to DMCC.
Basically, NICE registers to n stations which automatically starts to "service-observe" permanently all the stations we want to record, and record everytime they make or receive a call.
The issue is with call center supervisors who are being recorded/service-observed, when they want to service-observe other stations/agents. They get busy tone and denial event 1671 "Svc obsrvg svc obsrvd NA" in traces. At first this looked like a working as designed however, NICE techs state they have this up and working on other customers. All CORs related have they respective permmisions to do the job.

Allow Two Observers in Same Call? is set to Yes but provides a different feature from what we need.

Is there any option to allow to service-observe at the same time that it is service-observed? What could be the solution?

Thanks

Sounds ugly... I'm not sure to be honest. If I'm observing you, and then you observe someone else, wouldn't I be observing you and the other call?

It sounds like you're definitely running into some block with service observe. To clarify, you'd always record via DMCC whether you do it:
by service observe, where NICE registers a pool of extensions with that privilege in COR and dial the svc-obsv code and the agent ID to listen in
single step conference, where NICE registers a pool of extensions and uses TSAPI to say "agent 101 needs to conference NICE phone 202 into this call with a customer"
split registration, where NICE registers a 2nd instance of each agent phone by DMCC and tells CM he wants that phone's audio now

Just out of curiosity, why would you have gone from single step conferencing to service observe? I believe SSC is newer than service observe. On the surface, they all do pretty much the same thing for a simple call recording feature, but there are nuances to the deeper interactions they facilitate. It's always something like 'the new way does all this stuff better than the old way except in cases a b or c".

Sounds like you may have a corner case you hadn't planned for in your implementation.
From the denial event guide:
Code:
Activate service observing
feature.Service observing cannot be
activated by a user that is already a
service observer or is service observed.
From the feature description and implementation guide:
Code:
Privacy - Manual Exclusion
Observing towards a station with Exclusion active is denied, or if Exclusion is activated by a
station while being observed, all bridged parties including the observer are dropped. If the Service
Observing with Exclusion field on the Feature-Related System Parameters screen is y, then
Service Observing of a station with Exclusion active, either by Class Of Service or by manual
activation of Exclusion, is allowed.

So what is it about the supervisor's call that makes the supervisor service observed? From my point of view, I'd figure that as a supervisor I'd want to listen to Bob's call, so I pickup and start observing him - to say, I'm not on any other call at the moment. Why would I be observed at that point in time? What if you gave the supervisor an exclusion button that they used first that would forbid them from being observed? At that point, they should be able to observe an agent because they wouldn't be being observed themselves.

I messed up with the terms.
This is the method we are usingbased on your examples: by service observe, where NICE registers a pool of extensions with that privilege in COR and dial the svc-obsv code and the agent ID to listen in single step conference.

Now, NICE, through the extensions it registers, is constantly service-observing even though there is no call in progress. As soon as the sup dials the FAC for SO they get busy tone and denial event.

I played a little bit with the manual Exclusion button but even though the observer cannot hear anything from the observed call, the feature does not turns off and the "link" between them is still up. The sup is still being observed in exclusion mode.

If the Service
Observing with Exclusion field on the Feature-Related System Parameters screen is y, then
Service Observing of a station with Exclusion active, either by Class Of Service or by manual
activation of Exclusion, is allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back