Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM 5.2.1 ESS WILL NOT REGISTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

keschber

Technical User
Mar 10, 2010
US
I have a new system on the bench. Main is an S8800 duplex. The ESS is an S8800 Simplex.

The memory configuration is extra large on both.

Patch 016.4-17774 is loaded on both.

I have tried both the PE port of the main and a clan as the registration IP. CUrrently it is set up to register through a clan.

There is no security or network issue between the main and the ess. I have an S8300 LSP that registered just fine.

ess administration is on in both the main and ess. ess = y is stroked in the ess via the license file.

The time on the servers matches.

Both servers have been re-booted numerous times.

The ess simply won't register no matter what I do. I have even re-installed CM on the ess.

Add a new node name with the Virtual/Active Address of the S8800's and then add that as your survivable-processor, then populate Server A & B information (on the Survivable Form) with the node-names of Server A and Server B...

This should help.

Thanks,
98C

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Sorry, I have a problem where my S8800 ESS does not want to register to main site with S8730 pair (software duplication).

All sites are running CM5.2.1 with patch 2.

I have an S8500 ESS site - registes 100%
I also have an S8300 LSP site - registers 100%

But my new S8800 Simplex ESS just does not want to register. I have copied the translations from the main site to the ESS and then rebooted. Server comes up fine will all translations, license mode is Normal and I can take control of the local port network at ESS location. I get dial tone and all.

However, I just cannot seem to get the ESS to register to the main site. I have tried registering to a CLAN local to the ESS, also tried the CLAN used by the other ESS server.

I have tested that port 1719 is open on both TCP and UDP between the two sites and there are not alarms or errors apart from the "ESS not registered" error.

I have re-installed the ESS server 3 times now and I don't know what else to do. THIS IS REALLY FRUSTRATING!!.

I have the ESS in my node-names with the correct IP. I don't have the names of the main servers in the node-names table.

ANY HELP HERE PLEASE!!
Regards

Theunis Pretorius

Have you tried running the command 'list trac ras ip-address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (x's = IP of ESS)?

This will tell you if the ESS is reaching the CLAN/PE. It will also show you what denial event it is getting during the registration.

How is your registration configured on the ESS? Why is your ESS and Main have a different hardware model?

Make sure the host name and id of the server is correct. You can verify this going to "configure server", then "set identities".
My id was off and would not register with the main server. I found the server id in ASA... "list survivable-processor" command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back