Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM 5.1 slow gui to publisher

Status
Not open for further replies.

omarrj

Technical User
Aug 28, 2002
CA
Hi Folks,
Experienceing long delays loading window for phone changes, approx 1 to 2 minutes, also on other windows also. Cisco says rebbot server every 1 to 2 months.This seems outrageous on an enterprise platform with 7000 users.
anyone else hear of this?

Might check to see if you have a memory leak.

Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications
CCNA, Net+
Working on MCSA, Convergence+, CCVP

Sounds about right to me. I had to reboot our 5.1 cluster after 3 months because some MGCP trunk changes weren't taking effect and the Publisher was starting to use too much virtual memory (triggering an alarm). Our Unity servers are rebooted once a month to keep them stable as well (Cisco even provides a utility to do this).

I do find it strange that the Linux platform would require frequent reboots. Our Avaya PBX that uses Linux only requires reboots when issues develop. Otherwise Avaya says there is no need to reboot it on any regular basis.

thx
Our Avaya has been running for a year and a half with no problems or reboots and it runs a 1600 agent call center.
Also our Unities need re-booting but not our Octels.
Welcomr to the world of servers.
Have you ever had a tac alert opened on the slow publisher?

I haven't submitted a ticket to TAC yet about slow publishers as that hasn't been a specific issue we've had so far. All of our 4.1 clusters normally get rebooted about once a month due to Windows patching, but they too have issues when run for more then 2 months straight (changes not taking effect and other replication issues). Still, I was hoping for more then 3 months of up-time for the 5.1, but no luck.

I miss the Avaya PBXs now that we're going away from them. I had a G3si that ran 4 years but had a UPS glitch and lost power for a second. Otherwise it would be up for 5+ years. Same with the Octel it was connected to. If you could give them consistant power, they would stay up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back