Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM.5.1.2 - Random Conferencing Agents into incoming calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteBull

IS-IT--Management
Nov 3, 2008
US
The first time this happened I chalked it up to a glitch, but it has happened on 3 separate occasions, twice on each occasion. Naturally Avaya is stumped.

2 or 3 agents will receive an incoming ACD call (at roughly the same time) and answer the call only to be conferenced together (auto-magically).

Sometimes there will be a (very confused) caller on the phone, sometimes only the agents.

It does not happen to the same agents every time, but when it happens it seems to come in twos and the same agents are involved both times.

As far as I can tell the agents are not causing this to occur.

It has happened on a different trunk group every time.

There is no correlation of P/N, Cabinet, or Card that I can find, but the agents are always skilled similarly (at least one matching skill).

The occurrences are generally within a few minutes of each other.

Take this part with a grain of salt: The calls do not register in CDR, and the calls only show once in ECHI (meaning only one of the agents is assigned the call in ECHI).

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

I am going through the same problem on CM5.2. I have actually recorded the calls with our WITNESS system and captured the cross talk. Avaya is still unsure on what is going on.

We just started getting these complaints from agents as well.

- Stinney

Quoting only proves you know how to cut and paste.

It occurred again today, this time with 6 agents all bridged together.

What was the resolution?...has it been resolved?

We are scheduled to make the same move soon, and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I can be emailed off-list at bprophet@gmail.com

There is no resolution at this point, Avaya is still investigating.

We had a similar problem on our system (CM 3.1.4)

Avaya were completely stumped. However we noticed in Nice that all the calls had their number withheld. We contacted our Service Providor and asked if they could see if all the calls were coming from the same location. It transpired that they were in fact coming form the same location and that we had a malicious caller conferencing two calls together and therefore simulating cross talk. Needlesss to say we then got the necessary authorities involved!

If you have already ruled out an issue in the Service Providor network then apologies. I thought that it might be useful to know how we resolved a similar issue.

For this issue and another issue, Avaya is recommending a system update from 5.1.2 SP0 to SP4. I'm a little leary of performing this update since it includes some 600+ patches according to the Avaya tech. I really don't want to trade the problems I have for other problems I don't have.

Does anyone have any experience with this update SP4? Is it a solid release or is it buggy too?

Does anyone know if there is down-time associated with performing the update and if so, how much down-time?

Thanks

BTW, it appears that 5.1.2 SP4 is actually CM 5.2.1

We hve the same problem with CM 5.2.1 and not only with one system.We installed 3 systems with call center two of them are 5.2.1 and the other is 5.1.2.As all of you said I am not sure to install SPs because I couldnt see any cross tlk solution for them.(2 systems S8300/G450 ,one system S8300/G430)

Also I am sure that this problem isnt about call recording or trunk issues.For each site the trunk connectiions are different( I mean we are using only analog trunks for one site , only PRI fpr the other etc.)

Update:

I have updated my switch to 5.1.2 SP4 (which is not 5.2.1 btw). I haven't had any user reports of any more issues, but I'm not ready to call this fixed yet either. Previously the issues where spaced out over a span of 5 weeks or so. I'll post any more updates here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back