Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM 4.0 Programming Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

fondog

IS-IT--Management
Dec 28, 2005
US
We use ASA to program CM4.0 in NJ and FL and I have been advised that if I make a change to my ESS (ch aar digit x11) from min 3, max 3 to min 3 max 28 it will not affect the Main switch only my ESS locally. The problem I have is that callers are constantly dialing 911 when trying to access our tie lines with FAC code 611. I increased the number of digits requested to give the user the option to hang up before the call routes to the local 911 center and also a wave off if more than 4 digits are dialed. Can someone please explain to me, why I would be told that my changes do not affect the main switch in NJ, only mine in FL. This doesn't make any sense to me, as I can busy, test, and release staions in NJ, add agent log in id's in NJ, and make numerous other chanegs that I see in my switch but am now told that they do not see when logged in nin NJ. Who's right? Isn't this teh purpsoe for CM?

You can program Your ESS server when it is in active mode (link to main server is down or main server is down). This is only one way when You can change something in ESS and it will work. When main server take control over ESS and port networks Your changes will be lost and translation will be refreshed/overwrited from main server.

Changes in the ESS server will do nothing unless you are in failover mode. During normal operation the Primary Server (pair) are responsible for control of the entire system. These translations are routinely transfered to the ESS Server(s) and LSP(s).

What seems to be confusing is that you are talking about 'tie lines' which typically would not be part of a sinle system with ESS servers.

Is this in fact a primary server pair controlling both sites with an ESS server for failover or is this two completely separate PBX systems and someone is incorrectly using the term ESS to denote a failover site.

James Middleton
ACSCI/ACSCD/MCSE
Xeta Technologies
jim.middleton@xeta.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back