Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM 2.0 Exotic Upgrade To CM 2.2 - urgent 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

slovic

Technical User
May 15, 2003
RS
Hi all,

I've came across s8300/g700 system, and I've noticed that upgrade from CM 2.0.1 to CM 2.1 was attempted, but it was not made permanent. So, now, system reports:

The Software Version Web page displays the software version of the active server.

Operating system: Linux 2.4.20-AV12 i686 i686
Built: Mar 3 09:59 2004

Contains: 01.0.411.7
Reports as: R012x.00.1.221.1
Release String: S8300-012-01.0.411.7
UPDATES:

There are no updates on the system.

Translation Saved: May 11 14:24

License Installed: Oct 28 2004

I intend to upgrade that system to CM 2.2. My concern is: should I make previous upgrade permanent (and how?)and after that upgrade to CM 2.2, or should I go directly to CM 2.2 (what going to happen to license file, translations, audix data, announcements?)? The system is in service, it has call center configured, I know that I have to back up everything, but in case of failure of upgrade, could I install CM sw 2.2 and restore data?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Regards

First, make the upgrade permanent. There is a link at the web page, that says "make upgrade permanent"

Second, backup everything and retreive the files to a laptop or PC (via ftp).

The license, password, tranlation & announcement files are not lost during the upgrade. However, get the files to a laptop, just in case..

Before upgrading, make sure you do not need a pre-upgrade patch to be installed in the system. Check support.avaya.com for pacthes.

Then upgrade...

And then make this upgrade permanent also..

Petran.

Thanks Peter, I think that is the only way to do it...

One other question: since upgrade was attempted some months ago, and not finished, I am concerned about translations:

- After making that first upgrade permanent, which translation file would system use? Does system copy translations during upgrade to a new location, or not? If system do copy translations to a new location, and since upgrade was attempted some months ago, is there a chance that system would boot with translations from period of time when upgrade was done? Will it read backed up translations?

Regards

Translations were copied over during the first upgrade. The purpose of making the upgrade permanent is to specify which partition on the hard drive the system will boot into.
In other words, your translations are fine, and making the upgrade permanent will not affect them.

Click below for S8700 Media Server information

Hi jaymzter,

If I understand it correctly, the system is currently using copies of translations made during the upgrade from a new location. Ok, then...

Thank you jaymzter very much for your help, and I wish to thak peter also for his part...

One more thing - I know about your site jaymzter, for quite a while, and I find it extremly helpful...

I will upgrade the system during next week, it depends when customer will be ready for it...

Best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back