Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clustering with WebSphere and MQSeries

Status
Not open for further replies.

pvmk

Programmer
Mar 12, 2001
US
hi
does anyone tell me how to cluster two websphere app server, and also clustering done in mqseries. X-)

thanx

thanx for your suggestion. I'm facing some realtime problem for which i need some help. :cool:
If anyone thinks that they can help, let me know i'll post it

thanx
mahesh

As Pete says, you need to check out the MQSeries Clustering manual at the very least. Go to and click on the 'download' item.

That said, you're not going to get a simple answer about clustering. MQSeries clusters greatly simplify a lot of management tasks but they can also imply a significant change in your overall queuing philosophy. At least, if you're doing it right they do!

Distributing Websphere engines is another area that can't really be summed up in a single reply.

In both cases deliberate design and management decisions need to be made and the reasoning behind those decisions need a thorough understanding of the technologies. Back to the manuals I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Paul

IBM MQ Series does work with on a Microsoft cluster. It will work if you configure it as a generic resource using the cluster's virtual IP, however it works MUCH MUCH better if you download the service pack for clustering, goto link:

Follow the instructions and create a virtual Queue Manager under MSCS control.

I have set a few of these up and they are fanatastic. To give you an example, I started a AMQSPUT, rebooted the active node in the middle of it and within 12 seconds the secondary node had taken over, and MQ continued receiving messages, I sent 33 messages, none were lost.

With Active / Passive - You do not need an additional license. The binaries reside on both nodes, but there is only one copy of the program running at any given time

With Active / Active you need 2 licences, its just like installing it on 2 NT servers right?

I don't think that ists so hard that you need to read a whole manual...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back