Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clustering on CL380 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dja27

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2000
GB
I have a CL380. Node 1 installed fine and all works. Node 2 for love nor money will not see the disk array. I have been through all the FAQ's, advisories etc and have had no luck.
The SCSI ID's have been set to 7 & 6 on Nodes 1&2 respectively, NT installs ok, Have installed the whole of the SSd and updated everything but no joy. Have installed all the relevant drivers. Have reinstalled the CR8500 array utility which hangs on detection - not had node 1 powered off at the time. I really dont fancy explaining to the muppet at compaq tech support what i've been through. Has anyone successfully installed a CL380 and had both nodes seeing the the drive array. I realise that they wont both be able to access it at the same time but disk administrator on node2 should at least display a 'greyed' out disk. IF someone has got it to work, then please contact me.
Thanks [sig][/sig]

We are experiencing the same problem, only we are running Windows 2000 Advanced server. All Installs ok on node1, but on node2 it cannot see the drives created on the array. Device i/o error when trying to access drives. Can anyone offer some help

Finally after 3 different Compaq engineers did one find the problem - a bent pin on one of the SCSI cables attaching the node to the disk array!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back