Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cluster service won't start 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigmon

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2002
US
After I finish the cluster stetup the service fails to start. It gives me an error and tells me to look in the event viewer. When I did I found error 1009. "cluster service could not join an existing cluster and could not form a new cluster"

Any ideas? I've even went so far as uninstalling cluster services and even active directory just to start from scratch. All help is appreciated.

What type of hardware are you installing this on?

it's on 2 dell 2550s with perc cards and a dell 220s powervault

Ok I got by the fact that it wouldn't start. I didn't have my scsi controller set to cluster mode. However, now when I try to start up the 2nd machine to configure it for the cluster the whole thing bombs out and I get an alarm from the frist machine.

Is there something I'm missing as far as settings on the perc3 scsi cards?

I am having the same problem. i have 2 4600's with perc 3 cards and a powervault 220s. after i bring the first one up i try to bring the second 4600 up it hangs ofter loading the perc card. it doesn't find the logical drives.

anyone have any ideas?

tia
-pat

When you are configuring the second node to use the drives the first node must be off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back