Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clueless about profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpar

IS-IT--Management
Feb 4, 2002
US
Hey Knowledgeable Ones:

So I know little about how Citrix works. I'm a Windows Admin. But no one is administering our Citrix boxes so I thought I'd start taking it into my own hands. Here's what's bugging me: Users, when logged onto Citrix, are mapping drives from servers long since dead. I don't know where these users are picking up this information. Are the mappings in their profile? Are they in the registry of the Citrix Boxes? Are they just left over mappings that have to be deleted from within the Logon script? These drives are not being mapped from the script the users are using. If the drive mappings are coming from the profiles, how do I get into the profiles to edit them?
Thanks for any info you can share...
Laura

That's the mystery- no outdated mappings in currently used scripts. These seem to be individual mappings.

Sounds like old permanant connections from old profiles still living in their profiles. I would put a line into your login script saying

net use /persistent :no

that will kill off any old ones.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Thank you.
That's what I figured would be the solution.
Just net use /persistent:no without specifiying the drive letter?

Thats the one. It is a global command setting.

If you do a net use /? at the command prompt you will see the help.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back