Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

closing ie browser with getURL action from flash swf

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishfetish

IS-IT--Management
Apr 20, 2003
US
i am developing website using flash mx......almost complete....in testing the closing of an ie 5.5 browser (from within my flash swf movie- [using getURL(javascript:window.close();)], i noticed if i answer "no" to the dialog question box that prompts you whether to close the ie browser window - and then proceed to another .htm page with a different flash file embedded - when i try to close the browser window (using the same action[javascript]script mentioned above) the "close" button/link (from my flash swf file) does not invoke the close dialog box again.........ergo - the only way to close at this point is by using the "X" in the upper right hand corner...........the "_self" window option is chosen within my flash files - so we are talking about different htm pages opening within he same window.........been searching for javascript, html, etc fixes - but to no avail.........can anyone help?

hi,

Well I am not able to help but in fact like to ask what is the command that you issue to close the browser. I have tried but the getURL(javascript:window.close()) did was actually open up my intenet temp folder.

mirage

Are you testing within the application itself or online?

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

Well maybe try online? Or through an html maybe?

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back