Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Closing dos window from a batch file

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcavalla

MIS
Feb 9, 2005
US
In a Novell Login script I call a batch file that will install a software program, the problem is that the dos window stays open when the process is completed. Does anyone know what I can add to the batch file that will close the window automatically when the batch file has completed?

create a PIF of the batch file (similar to windows's LNK or link files aka shortcut files). right-click the PIF you created and select properties. in the "program" tab, mark the "close on exit" checkbox and click "ok". call the PIF instead of the BAT file. dunno if this will work cuz i haven't tried it yet.

hope this helps. peace! [peace]

kilroy [trooper]
philippines

"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get one million miles to the gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside."

dcavalla,

What torturedmind suggested is exactly what you have to do to any batch file you make too.

dcavalla,

As a more self-contained alternative, modified the batch file itself such that at the place(s) of exit/close, there presents always this three-line structure:
[tt]
@echo off
cls
exit
[/tt]
regards - tsuji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back