Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLOSE FORM BUTTON DOES NOT OPERATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevsim

Instructor
Apr 18, 2000
AU
I am trying to repair a large database for a friend and so far so good, except on a particular form the close form button will not operate, it gives the error message “Module Not Found” I have tried making a new button, however same problem.
To go to the different forms they are accessed through switchboard buttons. The code to close all forms is the same, find code below –
Private Sub Close_Form_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_Close_Form_Click
DoCmd.Close
Exit_Close_Form_Click:
Exit Sub
Err_Close_Form_Click:
MsgBox Err.Description
Resume Exit_Close_Form_Click
End Sub
I would appreciate any assistance.
kevsim

is there a procedure in the "On Unload" or "On Close" events for the form?

Or maybe you don't have the "[Event Procedure]" on "On Click"?

CUOK

It would appear that the form has become corrupt. The coding is correct but it just doesn't run. The only solution is to recreate the form from scratch.

To avoid this problem in the future I would recommend frequent backups, especially if you are changing the database.
If a form becomes corrupt you are then able to import it from a prior version which will save a lot of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back