Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Close Current Database is taking a long time to run....

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanman525

IS-IT--Management
Oct 7, 2003
US
Hi all, I have a module that imports a lot of .txt file information into several different databases. However, we have recently moved to Windows 7 (Office 07) and it seems that the part of my code that closes each database is taking a very long time to run. Here is my code...

Code:
Function transfer_input_table()
On Error GoTo transfer_input_table_Err
Dim appAccess As New Access.Application
Dim trans As Database
Dim rec As Recordset
Dim frm As Form
Dim tb As TextBox
Dim usr As String

DoCmd.SetWarnings False

'update Status
    Forms!input_date!lblStatus.ForeColor = 65535
    Forms!input_date!lblStatus.Caption = "Importing Receiving History"
    Forms!input_date.Refresh
    Forms!input_date.Repaint

DoCmd.TransferDatabase acExport, "Microsoft Access", "\\fil0990mp01\data1\home\Planning\Administration\Accts Payable\Transaction Histories\Receive.mdb", acTable, "input_date", "input_date", False

appAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase ("\\fil0990mp01\data1\home\Planning\Administration\Accts Payable\Transaction Histories\Receive.mdb")
    appAccess.RunCommand acCmdCompactDatabase
    appAccess.CloseCurrentDatabase 
    DoCmd.TransferDatabase acExport, "Microsoft Access", "\\fil0990mp01\data1\home\Planning\Administration\Accts Payable\Transaction Histories\Receive.mdb", acTable, "input_date", "tblImportdate", False

The line that is really taking a long time to run is "appAccess.ClosecurrentDatabase". This code also repeats itself numerous times, and each time it pauses for a long time on the CloseCurrentDatabase line.

Has anyone seen this before? Do I need to add or change something to my code to help this run faster?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Alg

What happens if you comment out this line ?
appAccess.RunCommand acCmdCompactDatabase

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

The "CloseCurrentDatabase" still takes a very long time to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back