Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cloning VTL to physical Tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BungleBear

Technical User
Mar 25, 2003
GB
We have just upgraded our Networker servers to new hardware and version, since doing this our clone script has stopped working.
We have a dxi6700 VTL and we clone the data to a i500 physical tape unit. The i500 is controlled by cloneserver1.

The script below is run.
nsrclone.exe -vv -s backupserver1 -J cloneserver1 -b "i500 clone" -y "20 years" -S -f c:\scripts\clone\ssid1.txt

The following is the error.
There was an attmept to force the user of a recover volume to the storage node fordway-backup4, but the needed tape is not allowed to be mounted there.

This worked in the past but since the move to teh new hardware it has stopped.

Any help would be great.

Mike.

Mike,

i think your message is somehow wrong.
"There was an attmept to force the user of a recover volume to the storage node fordway-backup4, but the needed tape is not allowed to be mounted there."
- NW does not care about the user if you clone save sets. But i do not think this is the problem anyway.
- "... of a recover volume to USE? the storage node fordway-backup4 ..."

I guess you have restricted your source pool to mount its media to certain devices which are of course attached to their respective storage nodes.
Once you corrected that, it will most likely solve your problem.

I tracked it down in the end.
It was a new setting on the newer version of Networker.

On the physical i had to set the Server Network Interface in the storage node devices so the 2 libs could communicate.

Back in the old days of 7.4 (the old version we were running) it didnt care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back